Sunday, April 14

Blessings

Today, I wanted to post some of the blessings in our lives. We have been blessed beyond measure so I'm sure I will forget some, but here is a list to start in no particular order. God is good.

*We are blessed with great family. Beyond that, we are blessed that both our parents are close. There is no way we could have made it this past week without help from our family.
*We are blessed with great friends. Friends that pray for us and care about what is going on in our lives.
*We are blessed with a great church family. A church family that prays for us, sends us cards, and encourage us. We've seen our church grow both in number and in love for The Lord over the past few years. We are excited about what God is doing in and through our church. If you do not have a church, we'd love for you to visit and become part of our family.
*Both Jeremy and I are blessed with good jobs. We both have jobs that give us flexibility with our time to be able to make appointments without fear of loosing our jobs. We are provided with great insurance through Jeremy's work that is such a great blessing.
*We are blessed with prayer warriors in our lives and beyond our own personal circle. With out your prayers, we would not be able to have the strength we do. Your prayers are being used by God to touch our lives and give us strength to face another day.
*We are blessed with great doctors. My surgeon was great who removed my swollen lymph node and their office was excellent in getting appointments set up this past week in a timely manor. I feel very confident in my oncologists and the practice I will be going. One of the nurses even let me know she was praying for me during my bone marrow biopsy and that she would continue to pray for me and Jeremy. My infertility doctors have been great getting me in for appointments and caring about my situation.

Now for a few updates: tomorrow I go back to the infertility place to get my levels checked. They weren't quite where they needed to be on Friday so I've had three more days of shots before I can start the final round. Please pray for progress to be made tomorrow so we can get this procedure behind us. Looking forward to getting this behind me.

Wednesday, I will have a chemo class to learn about the facility and how chemo works and he side effects. I'm sure things will really start to sink in then about what is getting ready to happen.

I am beginning to look for some recipes that I can freeze to help make dinners easier and keep Jeremy fed. I will share different recipes that we try that turn out good, and would love for you to share any recipes with me you have tried.

Specific prayer requests: Please continue to pray for my infertility process and the timing of it with chemo. Also, pray that I will be able to rest my body and get it healthy as I can to prepare myself for the chemo. It's looking like I will have surgery for a port, my infertility treatment, and start chemo all in about a week.

Hope you all have a happy Monday.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing us how to pray specifically. That helps. If there is anything Mr. Buffaloe and I can do, please let me know. I am serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany ~ Again, we are continuing to pray for you, Jeremy and your family. Your faith is a great testimony as to what our Great God is all about...thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you often & reading your updates really help know exactly how to pray. You are wise beyond your years, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bethany, I work with Amy Gilbert and she has asked us to pray for you during your treatment. I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog. You have such a heart for Jesus and I can see His light shine through you with every word you write. I am blessed beyond measure by your faithfulness. Witnessing takes many forms and your life and attitude speak volumes about the gospel.

    ReplyDelete