Friday, May 3

It's in the forecast

Whenever I am looking forward to something, I start getting really excited when the day comes that it is in the 7 Day Forecast. That accomplishment begins the countdown at a week until the event. Whether its an exciting weekend, beach trip, vacation, birthday, or just a special event; you know it's getting close when that day makes it on the weather. Well...today my first round of chemo is officially on the 7 Day Forecast. However this event is different than all others. I have mixed emotions about it...

***I am going to be a woman and take you on a spaghetti journey.*** I had an appointment yesterday for a check up on my progress. They are happy with the number and size of my eggs and my estrogen went up from 150 to 400 in two days. That is one answer to why my emotions are so mixed. (Jeremy could probably use a few extra prayers too.) I will go back in this weekend to be checked again with tentative date for retrieval for Tuesday. I am already off work that day so it fits well with my schedule. Thanks for all the prayers for this part of my treatment. Things seem to be falling right into place.

Back to the forecast.... I am excited because we've been waiting, praying, and planning about when chemo would start. This is the first step to healing.....to getting this nasty cancer out of my body. However, I know there will be some dark days ahead which makes me nervous.

Another sign that chemo will be starting soon is the pill box I got yesterday. Today, I start a medicine that will help to protect my kidneys from being inundated with all the cancer cells by body will be getting rid of. I was told to start it a week before chemo which seemed like or ever away but is now here. I will have to take those for a few weeks and I will add in Predizone days 1-5 of treatments. I need the pill box to make sure I remember to take my meds  but also to to remember if I've taken them. I've been blessed so far in my life to not need to be on any meds. I remember by grandparents' box of meds and have always dreaded the day that becomes me. Now, I have a basket out on my counter with all my meds and a pill box to fill each week.

Here's to my last week before chemo. Please pray that I will be able to get rest and build my body up during this next week to prepare my body for treatment. Also, continue to pray for my egg retrieval date to be Tuesday.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. My husband and I have been praying for you and I've added you to my church's prayer list that we go over on Sunday mornings.
    I just want to share with you that just in the year 2013 I have prayed for, along with many many others praying and believing, at least 4 people who have had cancer (friends of friends, family, or people on the church's prayer list) and they are now cancer free!! God is moving in an awesome way against cancer this year and I'm trusting He will work in your body and cast those cancer cells out as well.
    We'll continue to pray for you diligently, I've been enjoying reading your blog and staying up to date with the process of everything, it helps a lot to be able to pray specifically.

    Here is a link to a song that always brings me peace in the midst of something overwhelming:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY0Vz8fvIhE

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a true blessing! You are also an amazing example of what Christ wants from all of us. I am praying. I love you & miss you terribly. Take care, my friend. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you today and tomorrow!! That God would give you peace, strength and that the chemo would do it's job! Thanks for keeping us updated, it really does help to know how to specifically pray for you!

    ReplyDelete