Today marks the two week anniversary of finishing radiation! (Insert happy dance here.) That means I am completely finished with my treatments and will now only have to be checked periodically. That makes me happy, happy, happy!
Radiation wasn't that hard to go through; it was just time consuming since I had to travel to the hospital Monday-Friday for three weeks. However, God gave me the patience to get through it, and now I'm on the other side of it. It made me a little tired, but I had a lot going on in my personal life so its hard to know how much of it came from the radiation. Also, I have a line down my neck in the front and back that looks like i got a sunburn only on one side of my body. However, that should go away soon. One check up with the radiologists in three months and he will let me go. One less doctor to see makes me happy, happy, happy.
Have I got my point across yet?!? I am HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY! You may or may not have heard that phrase before. It is a trademark saying of Phil Robertson from the show Duck Dynasty. This family has become my new favorite tv family. Sure, they are funny, do some pretty crazy redneck stunts, and have tons of money. However, I have come to like this family for what makes them "happy, happy, happy," because I am happy for the same reasons.
Do a quick Internet search for this family and it won't take long to get the answer to what makes them this way. As a matter of fact, three of the family members have books out. The first one I read was titled Happy, Happy, Happy by Phil. He describes his childhood as being one of near poverty but happy. He contrast that with a dark time in his life before He knew the Prince of Peace. He had neither peace nor joy; it was a time of running from the law and drowning his sorrows in alcohol. After he became a Christian, he neither became rich over night nor did millions fall in his lap. What he did have was true happiness that didn't ebb and flow with life's circumstances. He said that what makes him happy is faith (God), family, (people), and ducks (things); in that order. He actually still lives in the same house as before he even started the duck call business that became a multiple-million dollar company.
I am absolutely ecstatic that I am finished with my treatments, but I was just as happy during them. It's a peace that passes all understanding that is promised to Christians. It is not in and of myself, but only through Jesus Christ. The Robertson family gets that which is what makes the family so attractive to me. Sure they have fame and fortune, but none of that matters in the end. It could be taken away tomorrow; but they would still be happy, happy, happy.
If you've never heard of the Robertsons, you can check them out on A&E Wednesday nights at 10 pm. Their show is called Duck Dynasty. Be ready to laugh and get in touch with your redneck side.
Specific Prayer Request: Tomorrow I will have my port removed which I guess will stamp the official end to my treatments. It's supposed to come out easier than it went in. I will not even have to be put to sleep; its just an office visit. However, that is what makes me most nervous. I'm not worried about the procedure, just being aware during it given my history of needles and other things that enter my body that shouldn't naturally be there. Please pray for me to be calm and not nervous.
I am happy, happy, happy. Are you?
we are all happy happy happy for you God has you in his hands may God bless you and keep the open roads open
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited for you guys!!! Congratulations on a job well done and a faith well shown...you have certainly been a testimony to a lot of people of God's love, grace and mercy!
ReplyDeleteShana Greer